Bloggin through the BOOK

OK, I admit it! I'm a busy Bible Blogger!

When I finally settle in to read the Word of God online, I want to write about it!

I'm a journalist - so watch for quick, sometimes grammatically butchered (Forgive me, English majors) blogs on the best guidebook around!

Let's READ and WRITE about God and His Love Letter to us. We may be busy, but never too busy for bloggin through the BOOK! -- Laurie


"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light
for my path." -- Psalm 119:105







Sunday, March 22, 2015

John 16 - Falling Into The Savior's Arms



I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”--John 16:33


Drat.  I had really hoped I would sail through this world without much trouble. 

When I was in my 20s, I thought I could outsmart trouble.  I lived my life boldly and bravely, skirting the edges of problems and thumbing my nose at consequences.

Then trouble hit me, full force, flat in the face.  I lamented my predicament. I figured God must not be aware of my struggles.  

Then I read John 16:33.  Just WHY did you have to guarantee trouble, God?

As I've walked this journey for 50+ years, I've begun to understand why. Now that I'm facing cancer, I cling to the reality of this verse. 

Without darkness we would not see light, without depth, no sparkling shallows, without pain, no healing solace, without struggle, no roots of faithful strength. 

In John 16:33 Jesus tells me HE is the only source of peace.  Key words to this verse are:

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace."

Being "in" Christ is a lot different than my typical Sunday morning check in.  

I have given my life to Jesus.  I remain in Him and He in me as I struggle through my day.  When I run away from Jesus' presence, however, I get lost in trouble.

What I need to do is fall into the loving arms of Jesus.  There, nestled in the warmth of His love, I will discover the promise of John 16:33:


"But take heart! I have overcome the world."   

WOW! That is the best news of all!  All this stuff the world throws at me is no match for the Savior who loves me!

Jesus overcomes problems....as long as I REMAIN IN HIM!  

I should NOT run away from Jesus to my own anxiety, fears and earthly whining. 

Cancer is no match for Jesus.  

In the end,  I know....with Jesus... I can overcome the world.   

No comments:

Post a Comment